Seth Cohen (sethcohen) wrote,
Seth Cohen

  • Mood:

Don't hold your breath

It's been a month since a real update from moi. I'll talk about the last week or so...that should cover enough for now.

About Wednesday last week, I felt a tickle, like I was coming down with a cold. Hmm...zinc? Echinacea? Never heard of 'em. By Friday I was run down, and ready to crash. I needed to be at work, but the minute I was ahead on the area I was covering, I was outta there. We had five for dinner (including Jo and Cary), but it was tough to stay vertical. The company wasn't the problem, but instead the cold. I crashed once we were done, and only got up the next morning to keep Julian happy. Once he wanted his morning nap, I was out again. Karen wasn't feeling too hot either, so it was a lazy day. I'm not certain if I slept 16 or 20 hours on Saturday, but it was good to catch up.

Sunday was "Big Home Improvement Day". I primed the kitchen walls while Karen started on tiling the TV room in the basement. She's now all but done with it (I need to cut a couple of pieces of tile to fit some odd spots) and will be home soon to cook dinner for this Shabbos. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

On Monday, Karen and I went to a funeral for a classmate of mine. Josh was 30, and had lost the battle with cancer that he'd been fighting for a couple of years. The funeral was heavy on the Jesus, but I knew I'd be facing that and didn't take anything personally that was said to the funeral participants. I got to see a half dozen or so of my fellow pharmacy classmates, and I'm getting back in touch with people I haven't seen in some time...a lousy reason to do so, but any reason to do so is good. So, no work Monday.

Tuesday was a good day at work. I got a lot done and felt like the cold was going away. Silly me. It slammed me Wednesday; I called out, took Julian to the nanny, and went back to bed for another four hours. I was conscious much of the rest of the day, but wasn't feeling well enough to visit the child psychologist or go to gaming. I called it an early night and got up on time for work today.

Work today was also productive, despite the fact that I had no voice. I bailed after my last meeting ended; I figured it better to be rested tonight since I'm staffing tomorrow. We're having another good crowd tomorrow (the Felds and the Abensons) so Karen will be busy all night. I can't say that I'm going to be that helpful...I'm going to make myself available, but between 9 and 10 I'm going to watch CSI for the first time, because Wil Wheaton's on, and I'd like to see him work.

Depending on how busy tomorrow is while I'm staffing, there may be more posts. Or not.
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded