Seth Cohen (sethcohen) wrote,
Seth Cohen

  • Mood:

So tired

It was a very full day.

It started at midnight, when my body woke me up and said "More drugs, please." So I gave it more drugs. Then it woke me again at around a quarter of 5 to take more drugs. I complied once again. Then Julian pounded on his door at 6:30am and demanded milk. Karen nudged me, and for the first time in days I was able to get out of bed without any problem, trudged to the kitchen, walked inside, stepped in the cat's water dish, slipped, and fell right on my ass.

Thank yew, thank yew, I'm here all week. Try the veal.

Karen got up, helped me and Julian meet our respective needs, and I began my day properly with a shower. I made it through the morning relatively well, including my first car trip in several days. I went to the supermarket for a few vegetables for some stuff that Karen was cooking. It was a very hard, short trip. I'm a Not Ready For Prime Time Driver. So, once Karen had taken care of a couple of small things, she drove me to Baltimore and dropped me off so that I could spend some time with glenbarnett.

Glen's here every year or so for a conference, and this time, the conference was easy driving distance. I couldn't walk so well, so we spent time playing games. We may have more or less been on equal playing ground: I was stoned and he was jetlagged. We played until about 3pm, when he needed to go down to the conference and set up his demonstration table. Karen picked me up; we hunted the wily dinner and I came home to Julian and Karen's mom. Karen ate and ran (she had shopping to do) and since I was feeling relatively well, I tackled the cleaning.

We have a cleaning team come every other Friday; over the weekend, Julian had succeeded in undoing everything they'd done and then some. While Karen's mom and the electronic babysitter kept him occupied, I moved some of the perpetual mess to the attic and put some of the remainder in a large Julianproof container. One of Julian's great joys involves taking a bucket of toys and upending it on the floor. We had four of those buckets until tonight. Now there are two. I also gave Julian a bath, me a fresh shower, and ran some laundry.

I'm going to take a quick stab at the bills on my desk while the wash finishes running. Then I'm going to take the stuff in the dryer out, put the new load in the dryer, and go upstairs and maybe fold it, if I still have energy. Tomorrow will be my first day back in 7 business days, so much has piled up in my absence. I hope I can maintain the same energy level tomorrow that I had today.

At any rate, once I've done the above, there will be more drugs and then bed for moi. Some work and some play makes Seth a tired boy. At least my carpool buddy is driving tomorrow...if I had to do the driving, I don't think I could make it.
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 1 comment