?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Curse of the Vodka God

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jQv49nOKqK8SVx2-tIL70S25qJDwD8TG22000



BERLIN (AP) — A man nearly died from alcohol poisoning after quaffing a liter (two pints) of vodka at an airport security check instead of handing it over to comply with new carry-on rules, police said Wednesday.

The incident occurred at the Nuremberg airport on Tuesday, where the 64-year-old man was switching planes on his way home to Dresden from a holiday in Egypt.

New airport rules prohibit passengers from carrying larger quantities of liquid onto planes, and he was told at a security check he would have to either throw out the bottle of vodka or pay a fee to have his carry-on bag checked as cargo.

Instead, he chugged the bottle down — and was quickly unable to stand or otherwise function, police said.

A doctor called to the scene determined he had possibly life-threatening alcohol poisoning, and he was sent to a Nuremberg clinic for treatment.

The man, whose name was not released, is expected to be able to complete his journey home in a few days.</lj-cut

Comments

( 1 comment — Leave a comment )
black_op
Dec. 13th, 2007 04:18 pm (UTC)
In other news "wOOt!" is now a recognized word. Coincidence?
I don't think so.
( 1 comment — Leave a comment )