Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

update: still 38

Still could be better, although I'm glad it wasn't worse. Made it through last night & today, with the help of friends & family. Sheri dropped off food prior to Shabbos. The Nelkins dropped off a full meal, which of course lasted for two meals considering the quantity of food delivered and the number of mouths here. Karen's mom both dropped off & picked up Julian from school (he was there for, well, like 3 hours!) but it was his special day, so hopefully it was good for him. She also relieved Mariam (our nanny) so that she could prepare for Snowpocalypse '10. I fed the kids dinner for three hours on Friday night, and tried putting the triplets to bed. At 9pm, I gave up on them going to sleep, and left their room to go to bed myself. Julian had already put himself to bed. They didn't kill each other, so it's a win for everyone.

Today went fine - they didn't wake me up until almost 8am, so I got lots of sleep. Breakfast went well, kids played together nicely, and osewalrus and his medium Bear dropped by after shul to check in on us. Julian & Bear played together for an hour or so, and I got the triplets out in the snow. The first time it snowed like this (Dec. 19th) I took them out and they were miserable. Today, they loved it. They went out again later. Julian went out into the snow a total of five times. He's in hog heaven.

I gave them lunch, and at 1 pm put them down for a nap - they were kvetchy and tired. Fortunately or unfortunately, only the girls napped - Sam wouldn't go down, so I took him out at 1:30pm so that he wouldn't wake his sisters up. I had trouble staying awake, but Sam didn't demand interaction, so I read a bit and managed to keep my eyes open while he played. The girls got up at 3:15pm, so they napped approximately 2 (two!) hours. I got them a snack, we went out into the snow for the second time, and went inside for dinner. It seemed after dinner that they were losing it again, so I took them to bed at 7:30. I took Ellie back out to save her being abused, and although Abby & Sam threw their regular fit, Sam dropped off to sleep by the time I took Ellie back in.

osewalrus and Bear had come at my request to assist in shoveling my driveway in case I found childcare coverage so I could work tomorrow. Karen's still in the hospital, yes, and there's no knowing when she'll be out. When I came in for hand warmers for Bear, I heard playing in their room, but when I just checked on them, everyone was unharmed and in their beds. While shoveling occurred, Julian put himself to bed - in my bed. I could move him, but I just moved 30 cubic meters of snow (with help), so why? It's not like there's more beds down here.

Once everyone is up and fed tomorrow, I'll call Karen's mom and let her know that she doesn't need to panic about getting to us to relieve me for work - it sounds like they haven't cleaned her complex yet. I'll call the local grapevine & see if coverage can be arranged, and if not, c'est la vie. What else can I do?

Latest Month

August 2020


  • 22 Nov 2017, 02:20
    Hey, nice to see you! Sorry you're feeling cruddy. :-(

    I've migrated to Dreamwidth, FYI. Same user name.
  • 16 Oct 2015, 17:58
    I am actually feeling MUCH better but have a lingering hacking cough which is more annoying than anything, except when I'm trying to sleep or hide it (i.e. in professional settings)
  • 16 Oct 2015, 16:17
    I hope you feel better soon, too. I felt better first thing this morning. Then I must have been turned into Wile E. Coyote, because the Road Runner ran me over with a truck. Bleargh.
  • 16 Oct 2015, 14:06
    feel better. I think i had/have somethign like that too...not sure if it's flu but it's not going away. I hope yours disappears quickly.
  • 28 Jul 2014, 03:50
    Oh, I'm so sorry you have to be parted from your kitty.

    (Move? I seem to have missed something.)
Powered by LiveJournal.com